23 • Small Forward
Born: December 10, 1959, Chicago, IL
Weight: 235 lbs.
Although at times Mark Aguirre was one of the best players in the league, he alienated fans and management alike. Many Dallas fans and sportswriters were happy to see him go to Detroit in 1989, while Detroit was leary of the new addition. But after and infamous dinner meeting with several of his new teammates in which he was put in his place by Bill Laimbeer, Aguirre quickly adapted himself to a team where he was no longer the primary weapon and helped the Pistons to the 1989 NBA title after two years of near-misses.
- Drafted 1st round, 1st overall, by Dallas in 1981 out of DePaul
- College Player of the Year, 1980-81
- Played on 1980 US Olympic team
- Traded to Detroit from Dallas for Adrian Dantley and 1991 first round draft pick, February 15, 1989
- Released by Detroit in 1993 and signed by Los Angeles Clippers for $150,000 after clearing waivers