15 • Shooting Guard
Born: September 1, 1956, Brooklyn, NY
Weight: 200 lbs.
Nicknamed "The Microwave" by Danny Ainge because he "heats up in a hurry," guard Vinnie Johnson was one of the top sixth men in the NBA. Johnson will forever be remembered in Detroit sports history for his game-winning shot in Game 5 of the 1990 NBA Finals against Portland with 0:07 left on the game clock that won the game - and the championship - for Detroit, 92-90.
- Drafted 1st round, 7th overall, by Seattle in 1979 out of Baylor
- Traded from Seattle to Detroit for Greg Kelser, November 21, 1981
- Played in every game in each of the 3 seasons Detroit reached the Finals
- His #15 has been retired by the Pistons
- Holds Pistons record for most consecutive points, 19, vs Utah (1989)
- Currently the President and CEO of Piston Automotive in Detroit